Tuesday, 1 January 2008

99.9% of businesses use 0.1% of their innovative potential 99.9% of the time?

Brand Killer Robots reveal::
99.9% of businesses and 99.9% of the security industry is concentrated on just 0.1% of the total risks to those businesses - 99.9% of the time.

99.9% of businesses is concentrated on just 0.1% of the total opportunities available to those businesses - 99.9% of the time.

Ok, don't believe it - then ask yourself "how do i not believe it"?
What calculation am i making that results in me knowing that the above statements are not true? After all, have you ever taken time out to invest in hiring innovation specialists who ruthlessly hunt out innovative strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and who have absolutely no axe to grind?

99.9% of organisations don't employ an innovation specialist. The 0.1% that do employ innovators, invest 0.1% in innovation - leaving 99.9% of the workforce to tasks that are not innovative.

Here is another one. 99.9% of investment goes to 0.1% innovative products and the rest to non-innovative products. 99.9% of the worlds wealth, is controlled or owned by 0.1% of the worlds population.

Whether you like it or not - innovation is a much downplayed facet in business and those who can perceive the future terrain, (in terms of risks and opportunities) - are not necessarily going to be joining the most wealthy 0.1% any time soon. The 0.1% most wealthy, seemingly prefer to invest less in innovation - whether this be in R&D or business intelligence.

The most wealthy 0.1% prefer to invest in non-innovation 99.9% of the time?

So we ask - Is there really any place for innovation in this world?

The answer seems to be - "hardly no room at the INNovation"

No comments: